COVID-19: Kuwait reports 9 more deaths, toll at 138

Cairo: Kuwait Friday announced nine more deaths from COVID-19, raising the country’s overall such fatalities to 138.

The Health Ministry also confirmed 955 new cases of the novel coronavirus, taking to 19,564 the country’s total infections, the official news agency KUNA reported.

All the new cases were in touch with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.

There are 180 patients receiving intensive care treatment, the official added.

The Health Ministry also said that 310 more patients have recovered from the disease, taking to 5,515 the total of such recoveries in the country, KUNA reported.

In recent weeks, Kuwait has seen an increase in COVID-19 cases, prompting the government to impose around-the-clock nationwide curfew currently in force until May 30.

Content retrieved from: https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/kuwait/covid-19-kuwait-reports-9-more-deaths-toll-at-138-1.71637137.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *