Cairo: Kuwait Thursday announced two more fatalities from the COVID-19, raising to 44 the total such deaths in the country, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported.
The Health Ministry also reported 278 new coronavirus cases, taking to 6,567 the country’s infection tally.
None of the latest cases were linked to travel abroad, according to the ministry’s spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad.
The new patients were either in touch with previously infected people or the sources of their infection are being investigated, the official said.
The total of patients in the intensive care are 91, including 43 in critical condition, Dr Al Sanad added.
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah earlier Thursday said that 162 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total recoveries in the country to 2,381.